New version 1.061 -...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

New version 1.061 - great!

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@schurig)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula,

I would like to say that the new version, especially the multi-channel and multi-session processing option, is really really great. It saves a lot of time and the need to sit next to the computer and wait for the next step was decreased. Also the integrate-all option is really cool and as far as I know relatively unique in terms of simple usability. All processing is done much faster and more independently.

Thank you very much,

Stephan

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Stephan @schurig,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I am very happy that the new changes are received very well by everyone. I really like it myself 😉 

I am also very happy with the new calibration engine including multi-factor dark scaling. Both the new calibration engine and the multi-channel & session features should improve ease of use greatly, like you experience 😉

And Thank You as well Stephan ;-) , since you pointed out several improvements that I could make with APP in your first mails on the forum. Like recognizing the filter data from the fits file headers to make the multi-channel processing more automatic 😉 And all ideas and suggestions are still highly appreciated.

Your ideas about storing analyse star /normalize data will be implemented as well 😉 As will project save/load...

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@schurig)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula,

At least for my personal needs the project save/load as well as storing the star analysis data function lowered in priority. Because of the new multi session/channel and integrate all options processing can be done now in one run and there is actually no need to resume from a previous step. But that only applies to me, maybe other users that use e.g. the panorama processing still long for it!

If I had some wishes at the moment, I would say:

1. Please Please enable an checkbox in the config, that the last used working dir can be stored if the user wishes to!

2. Show some statistical values on the pic, either for the whole pic or for an selected area: e.g. you could place another checkbox next to the ones in the top of the UI. When the user checks it, statistical information is shown for the pic (or when the user draws an selection on the pic only for the selected area), the statistical info should consider the view mode (linear, calibrated, etc.) and the configuration on the right (DPP, etc.)

3. Enable the common behaviour in the file list to select files: Ctrl selectes distinct item, shift selectes a range of items.

4. Implement some denoise functionality. I think the sharpen sliders do a very good job. I wish there was also a slider to denoise the sky background to make it somewhat smoother.

Cheers, Stephan

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Stephan @schurig,

Your points are all on my ToDo list, so will be done in due time.

Thanks for your feedback 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: