New release 1.083 (...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

New release 1.083 (the good and the bad)

(@tempusfugitxxii)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

Hello,

First I must say I am thrilled by the new speed!!!  It renders images in a reasonable time span without a $2000 computer. Thank you!!

Then I have an issue that I hope can be circumvented.    Why the saving file function (btw I like the new dialog box) doesn't remember my last saving settings?    I tend to save the files with always the same parameters and I have to input them EVERY single time I save a file even if it is in the same project.  It gets a bit tedious and annoying....

I have a question (I had it since the previous release): what is with the "Gathering Frame Details" screen that comes on when a color image is saved.  It stays on for a long annoying length of time.  Is it necessary at all. It seems the file has already been saved, why this additional screen??

I was hoping to see with this new release some basic feature show up: like saving a project or saving stretch settings and undos.   Do you have any plans of implementing those?

Thank you

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Things did change a bit on when APP asks for that indeed. Mabula is tweaking this behavior still and the next version will have the ability to save settings, in which I assume things like the saving location can be set as well as well as many other things. This might solve your issue then.

ReplyQuote
(@tempusfugitxxii)
White Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

Thank you for the reply.

Can you answer the questions about the"Gathering Frame Details" screen that comes on when a color image is saved.  It stays on for a long annoying length of time.  Is it necessary at all? It seems the file has already been saved, why this additional screen??

ReplyQuote
(@jaximages)
Brown Dwarf Customer

I have noticed something that is really slowing down my processing. I have downloaded and installed the latest version, 1.083. "Preview Filter" and especially something called "32 bit Preview" is taking up to 3 min to process. this happens for any adjustment made in the panel where stretch and image parameters are adjusted. It even happens when i do a simple "Save As TIF" command. my system: 27'IMac; 10 core i9; 40GB Ram; BigSur, Fast USB drive (>300MB/s R/W speed). The file I was working on is an large file, app 450MB, it's from a full frame 36M pixel camera. I wanted the entire frame so pre-cropping isn't an option. i haven't experienced this in the past. 

Sceen shot save as tiff delay

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Mmm, I'll ask Mabula to have a look in both your cases, thanks!

ReplyQuote
Share: