End result super no...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2023-04-17: APP 2.0.0-beta17 has been released !

RAW support for camera color matrix with Bayer Drizzle integration, fixed couple of image viewer issues.

We are very close now to  releasing APP 2.0.0 stable with a complete printable manual...

Astro Pixel Processor Windows 64-bit

Astro Pixel Processor macOS Intel 64-bit

Astro Pixel Processor macOS Apple M Silicon 64-bit

Astro Pixel Processor Linux DEB 64-bit

Astro Pixel Processor Linux RPM 64-bit

End result super noise when extracting Ha and OIII - what am I doing wrong?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jorgen_samuelsson)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Somewhat new to astrophotography and have testet almost all major post stacking software. Since I shoot with duo band filter I am very happy to use APP and the function to extract Ha and OIII separatly. However, my end result is super noisey. Attached is one photo processed in APP with extracted data which I have then put together in Photoshop and assigned to the different RGB channels. The other one is the same data material but processed in Depp SKy Stacker. This turns out super clean in comparrison. However, DSS do not have the function to split the data.

So where do I go wrong in the stacking process to end up with all that noise? Surely APP must be able to get an equaly clean end result after stacking as DSS?

Best regards, Johannes

APP Horseflame +4 4h
DSS 25 27 Horseflame2048

This topic was modified 3 months ago by Jörgen Samuelsson

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@jorgen_samuelsson In your APP image, the sky background is MUCH brighter than in the DSS image. This simply means that you stretched it much more in APP than in DSS. Apart from that it is hard to say what the differences are from two screenshots but the images look the same to me.

ReplyQuote
(@jorgen_samuelsson)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Posted by: @wvreeven

@jorgen_samuelsson In your APP image, the sky background is MUCH brighter than in the DSS image. This simply means that you stretched it much more in APP than in DSS. Apart from that it is hard to say what the differences are from two screenshots but the images look the same to me.

Thank you! Will tru to play around with both the APP tools as well as Photoshop. Now I know perhaps what is the root to the problems I percieve. 

/J

ReplyQuote
Share: