Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Mosiac issue

9 Posts
5 Users
3 Likes
(@b777capt)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi all,

I tried my first mosiac with the NA nebula as the subject. Four frames, SGP, RASA8, ASI294 MC pro, EQ6R, four panels 60 60 sec. exposures.

My framing isn't great, got to work on that, plus my computer takes forever to do a mosiac (4 hours). Anyway, the issue is on the right side of the mosiac, there is a bunch of swirls in the image. I also tried a mosiac of the veil with exactly the same result, so something must be set wrong somewhere....any help would be appreciated. 

I have attached the image in .

JPG.

This topic was modified 4 years ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
 Axel
(@axel)
Main Sequence Star

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue in Mosaic mode.

At first glance the image looks ok

Test ha session 1 session 2

But when I zoom at the lower panel, there is a large swirled area

Capture

The same region using a regular integration i.e. not in mosaic mode : no trouble at all

Capturenodefect

I hope Mabula will find time to look at this issue.

BR

Axel

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

How much (%) overlap do the frames have? Did you set the scale start and stop to recommended values for a mosaic for instance? Like Start at 5 and Stop at 10? You can also try to turn off dynamic distortion correction.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

If what @vincent-mod says doesn’t work, try increasing the number of stars in star detection to 2000 or more and use triangles for star detection. That has worked for me in the past.

ReplyQuote
 Axel
(@axel)
Main Sequence Star

Posted by: @wvreeven

If what @vincent-mod says doesn’t work, try increasing the number of stars in star detection to 2000 or more and use triangles for star detection. That has worked for me in the past.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the support.

I used scale start 5 and stop 10 + number of stars = 2000 and it worked perfectly

My previous settings were scale start 1 and stop 10 + number of stars = 500

CS to all!

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Posted by: @axel
Posted by: @wvreeven

Hi guys,

Thanks for the support.

I used scale start 5 and stop 10 + number of stars = 2000 and it worked perfectly

My previous settings were scale start 1 and stop 10 + number of stars = 500

CS to all!

And can you post the result as well? Now I am curious!

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

HI all @b777capt @axel @vincent-mod @wvreeven,

Thanks for your tips Wouter 😉

When creating a mosaic, first, try to integrate the separate panels properly. Then register the integrated panels as a mosaic, then a 4 panel mosaic will not take 4 hours, rather maybe 10 minutes 😉 that should run very quickly and robustly on just 4 panels.

And yes, for a mosaic, with most data, you will need to increase the stars target to 2000-2500 to get robust results.

FYI: I am working on a big upgrade of the entire registration engine where APP will be much smarter, so then these issues should be solved automatically by APP 😉 though... there are several problems with the current engine which I will try to solve to make it much easier for the user to get good mosaics and quickly.

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Axel
(@axel)
Main Sequence Star

@wvreeven There you go!

retestha2pano session 1 session 2

ReplyQuote
(@b777capt)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

All.....thank you...your solution worked perfectly....:-)

ReplyQuote
Share: