losing red after us...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

losing red after using calibration frames

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@ofergol)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Yesterday I took 25 light subs of the rosette nebula.

I wanted to quickly see the result so I integrated these frames without any calibration and got a nice result with a lot of color.

later in the day, I did the full process with 20 flats, 30 darks and 60 bias frames.

The result was very disappointing. color was lost and the nebula was with much lower contrast.

Lights were taken with hydrogen alpha filter. The flats were also taken with the filter.

I would appreciate your help with this problem 👍 

Thanks

ngc2244 Hydrogen alpha session 1 St
ngc2244

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@ofergol Hi Ofer, can you tell us more about how you took the images? What camera are you using? What software to take the images? Are all images taken at the same gain+offset (or ISO) and temperature? What do you use as light source for the flats?

ReplyQuote
(@ofergol)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I'm using ZWO ASI533. Gain is set to 101.

All frames were done with the camera cooled to -10c.

I'm using the ASIAIR pro to manage the astrophotography.

Flats are done with a LED panel ( https://www.amazon.com/RALENO-Lithium-Battery-3200K-6500K-Adjustable/dp/B07FL2ZFFS).

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@ofergol It looks like that LED panel has a configurable color temperature. Does it help to set it to a cooler (i.e. redder) temperature and shoot new flats?

ReplyQuote
(@ofergol)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I will try to take "redder" flats, but the problem was the same without even using flats.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@ofergol Would you mind uploading your data to

https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com

using upload1 for both username and password? Then I can take a look at your data and try to help you get the color back.

ReplyQuote
Share: