im lost please help...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

im lost please help me, ive never had this problem before (since 1 year ago)

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@roksky)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Hi everyone, please i urgently need your help!

I have been using APP for over a year now, and ive never had any problems before. I have been so satisfied and ive bought another licence this year for 1 more year. 

I will attach two photos down below. I am using a nikon d5000 unmoded, and before ive never had ANY issues with APP and i mean any issues. Never! now im at a loss and am quite frustrated. I have started using a CLS CCD filter with my setup its very basic and the combination is Nikon D5000 + astronomik CLS CCD filter... Earlier this year ive had an amazing result with orions nebula.... 

Now since 3 sessions ago im so frustrated since i cant process my images because APP does something i dont understand... whenever i do anything in the last part of the processing the "neutralise backgound" process totaly destroys my image and data is useless... everything turns red and the historgram shows this.... for whatever reason it just streches the red into stupid ammounts where i dont need it to be.... i really want to process my 5+ hours of work ive put into it but i cant because i dont understand what is going on here! I have discovered its the "neutralise background" because i turned it off in "5) NORMALISE" tab and the image looks ok after - its greenish but thats just the G in the RGGB part (in the old Siril, you could just remove the green with a simple script), but in APP i cant find anything similar, and if i go to the TOOLS tab and the "calibrate background" setting, it just does something and it neutralises the background without any of my input! it just forces me to use it and i cant do anything because all my images are now ruined... what can i do? what am i doing wrong here? ive been using it the same way for over a year now with no issues, now the filter somehow ruins it? why? why did orions nebula process the way it should with the exact same setup and the exact same process in APP??? the other sessions where california nebula and the latest was bodes galaxy (the attached pictures of processing in APP)... the data IS ok because i just quickly tested in in DSS and the result was ok (but i dont know how to use DSS so i didnt go on with it) and ignore the other problems with the data and image (i.e. the streaks, im just looking into it)

Please please please help me... i am at the breaking point, ive tried everything i could find and could think of...

thanks

271877245 10227541438618425 3871473496710158167 n

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@roksky What version of APP do you use? Also, what calibration files (darks, flats, dark flats, bias) and how many? Just to be absolutely clear, did you take flats with the filter?

ReplyQuote
(@roksky)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

@wvreeven

I use the latest version of APP not sure what that is. Hi thanks for the reply. I have not made flat frames i really have not used them before since im happy with the results so far even without them. I use darks and bias pretty much all the time 20x each. I never used any other calibration frames... I did probably mesed up here, i took darks and biases with the CLS CCD filter on... thats probably a big no no eh? But i still dont know whats going on here, because even if i just stack the lights with no calibration frames, everything is super red and the image is riddled with red noise and i cant salvage it... ive tried to stack in DSS and then tried to do curves in Photoshop and it did look kinda ok, im not sure, but if i tried more and learned curves in PS i think i might get a nice image... so i still think the problem is with APP doing "background neutralisation" wrong or something... 

I beg a solution, i really am at a loss... sorry for the late reply myself, i was a bit moody because of this and i needed to cool off haha 🙂 

please any additional information will help me... maybe i should not take galaxy pics with filter? dunno... thanks

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Rok Hirsch

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@roksky Hi! Thanks for the detailed info. Darks and bias are not affected by the use of a filter since no light is involved when taking them.

Could you please upload, say, 5 lights, 5 darks and 5 bias using the upload info that can be found at the top of every forum page? Please create a directory called roksky_red and put the files in there. Then let me know when the upload is done and I'll have a look for you. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Share: