How to save tif fil...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

How to save tif files from APP for starnet++...?

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@pete_xl)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I can not process my APP 16 bit tif files in starnet++.

The error message I get is "Only Grayscale tif files with 16 bit per channel are supported by this executable" or correspondant for RGB ínages.

My standard workflow is APP -> starnet++ -> PS.

Starnet++ only accepts 16 bit tif files (mono or color). It does not accept tiff files saved by APP. Import into Lightroom or Photoshop with another export as tif does not help. 

The only way to get my images into starnet++ at the moment is to save as .fits from APP, import into PixInsight and save as a tif from there (which is annoying).

Does anybody here have an idea what I must do to to save files from APP that I can directly use in starnet++?

Thanks a lot,

Pete

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Mm, so you're saying that saving as tif from Photoshop doesn't work either? Can you check if that is indeed 16-bit then? If Photoshop doesn't solve that either, it's almost like Starnet has some strange requirement. We can dig deeper ofcourse.

ReplyQuote
(@pete_xl)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Oh Vincent - stupid me! I had tomatoes on my eyes as we say here. For more than half a year!!

I just found that had a conflict between .tif and .tiff naming in my batch file. APP saves files with the ending .tiff. After I changed the file name ending from .tif to .tiff in the batch command file everything was ok.

Sorry for molesting you and thanks for your quick support!

Cheers

Pete

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Oh no worries! Glad you got it solved! Where do they have that saying? Never heard it before. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@pete_xl)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

...we say that in Germany - and yeah, I did not find an English translation for that 😉 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ahh, ok. Just curious, I do know German as a language, but these things are not in the books. 😉 Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Share: