How do I need to ch...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

How do I need to change my kappa values for hot and cold pixels to fix this?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@lead_weight)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Despite creating a new BPM and masters for this imaging run, I cannot seem to get all the hot and cold pixels removed. How do I need to change the kappa values to remove more hot/cold pixels?

Screen Shot 2019 10 20 at 10.00.41 AM

ReplyQuote
(@leuthold)
White Dwarf

@lead_weight

How many subs in your stack?  I would sometimes still get hot pixels even after calibration so a few years ago, I started dithering all my subs and use Outligher Rejection with LN MAD Winsor clip with the default values to clean up the stray hot pixels.  It works well.

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@lead_weight)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Ahh, great to know. I have several hundred subs. I do dither, but had not used LN MAD Winsor clip. I’l try that.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

With dithering, many should be removed already given the dither is big enough. Are your darks etc at the same temperature etc as the lights? For the BPM it's also nice to include a very long exposed dark. A mild sigma clipping would then be enough to get most if not all to be gone.

ReplyQuote
Share: