Share:
Notifications
Clear all

From APP to PS  

RSS

(@rockinrod)
Main Sequence Star Customer
December 2, 2020 18:00  

I am a new user, started yesterday. I just stacked and did some processing in APP, then saved it to a TIFF file to the destination folder. When I opened it in Photoshop/LS 2021 the image looks nothing like it did in APP..It's like the processing I did did not hold, it's mostly black again...Wondering why the edits in APP did not take hold.

Any suggestions as to what causes this? 

Thanks!

R Bell

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
December 2, 2020 18:02  

Did you make sure the "stretch" is checkmarked next to the save button?

ReplyQuote
(@rockinrod)
December 2, 2020 18:19  

@vincent-mod

I was still on the pre-process side (LH) of the screen...I haven't stretched it yet...Maybe that is why. Probably getting ahead of myself here. I was thinking the image you see as you do the mods on the left will be saved on my HD as I see them here.

Yep, that was it...So, I have to save the stretch from the RH side of the screen...Thanks!

RB

This post was modified 2 months ago by Rodney Bell

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
December 2, 2020 18:24  

Ah, no indeed, the preview window is just that.. a preview. It allows you to work on tweaking the image in a linear space (so not stretched). This is always best for the data. Once you are satisfied, you click that save button with the stretch applied.

ReplyQuote
(@rockinrod)
December 2, 2020 18:35  

@vincent-mod

Yep, makes sense...This is just 2X180 subs, and the same cal frames just to play with for learning. Not bad for 6 minutes exp time. ASI294MC Pro cooled and a Meade 70mm APO Quad

Thanks again!

RB

M31 PS

ReplyQuote
(@rockinrod)
December 2, 2020 18:36  

APP has a very nice subtle stretching tool, lots of gadgets in here, as I will see as I keep learning this.

RB

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
December 2, 2020 18:53  

Thanks. Nice result indeed! Yes, I'd advice to just play around as much as possible with APP (and if unclear you can just ask here) and make that image as nice in APP itself. That will make the data as good as possible for further processing.

ReplyQuote
(@rockinrod)
December 2, 2020 18:56  

@vincent-mod

Yeah, I'll dump in the 60 or so subs I have and see the difference then...

Still getting a few warnings too, about my flats mostly...Told me to do a Force Debayer to make it work. Where is this command located. Looked for this earlier and couldn't find it.

RB

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
December 2, 2020 18:59  

Might be you have an issue with flats then maybe. If there is a real issue it's best not to use them, but just try and see. 🙂 Force CFA is in tab 0, but I would find that a bit strange as your regular files are from the same camera where it wasn't needed.

ReplyQuote
(@rockinrod)
December 2, 2020 19:11  

@vincent-mod That's where I messed up. Flats came from the Canon 800D, duh...DSS will use those APP will not...I need to tighten up...

Thanks I forgot. Been two years

ReplyQuote
(@rockinrod)
December 2, 2020 19:13  

I appreciate your quick response! I'm at it now doing the tutorials...

RB

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
December 2, 2020 19:14  

Ah, no worries. Yes, DSS isn't very picky, but also not very good (not trying to burn other software at all btw, just from what I know 😉 ) in calibration. It's very basic and this means you won't get the best result out of more "complex" data situations.

But flats need to be from the same camera as that will dictate how the vignetting looks like, at what resolution, there might be dust on that specific sensor etc.

ReplyQuote
(@rockinrod)
December 2, 2020 19:24  

@vincent-mod 

I sometimes use Nebulosity too...Does okay for some objects, not so for others...I like the way APP saves your changes at the bottom of the screen so you can refer back and forth looking at each change...

RB

This post was modified 2 months ago by Rodney Bell

ReplyQuote
Share: