Flats not impacting...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Flats not impacting the integration

8 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@palamrinder)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi

I am looking for ways to reduce the gradient and fringe frame brightness on my stack. I though the Flats should help with this. But on my stack they seem to have no impact. I ran the integration with first set of flats followed by no flats and finally trying new flats. But all 3 integrations look identical. Can someone help me understand what might be going on? Attaching the 3 integration pictures along with the 2 master flats. These are shot on ASI294MM pro with Canon 70-200mm lens at F4 and 3nm Ha filter

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@palamrinder Hi Arminder. What version of APP are you using? What software do you use to shoot the flats? What ADU do you aim for? What light source do you use?

ReplyQuote
(@palamrinder)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven

Hi I am using version 1.083 beta. I use ASIAIR Pro to shoot Flats. Put white sheet on lens and point it to sky in morning after night session and let ASIAIR detect the best time for flats.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@palamrinder Thanks. Does this also happen if you choose your own exposure time for the flats?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@palamrinder And a few more questions. Are you using APP 1.083-beta or 1.083-beta2? If the first, please make sure to enable 32 bit masters at the bottom of tab 2. Do you use dark flats or bias or both? When creating the master flat, do you get a popup with a warning that flat correction cannot be performed correctly?

ReplyQuote
(@palamrinder)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven

Hi Wouter

I've not tried manual flats but doubt if they would be any different. ASIAIR is simply trying to pick the exposure time to balance the histogram I would end up with same exposure length with hit and trial method. I took new set of flats today and trying to use that for calibration instead of using master flats.

I am using 1.083-beta2 and have always enabled 32bit masters. I use flats, dark flats and darks and have never received any error about correction not performing correctly.

Another issue I saw yesterday that when I was trying to merge 2 integration files together (without using any other calibration files) the final integration would show the same exposure length of longer exposure. It is not adding up the exposure from the 2 files. My integration is set to automatic with quality selected.

ReplyQuote
(@palamrinder)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Here is the picture with new set of flats (shot by ASIAIR PRO). Much better results! Instead of using previous masterflats I used new stack of flats. Seems like masterflats might not be applying properly to the integration?

Gideon Golan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@palamrinder A much better result indeed! What is the difference between the flats shot this time and the flats shot last time?

ReplyQuote
Share: