FITS Header data lo...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

FITS Header data lost in APP

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@screetch82)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi

I am organizing all my Astro data and noticed that whilst going through the steps in APP some data is getting lost in APP throughout the steps.

E.g Object name or RA DEC, Telescope Hardware, Location data, Weather Data etc. 

Between the light frame and Integration most of the data gets lost, and processing information added, when doing a calibrate background etc

some fields like Observation data or gain gets re-added with no usefull data. When Combining Images using Combine RGB  even the total exposure time

seems to get lost.  Am I doing something wrong?

I expected that only data gets added to the fits header, but not removed. I would want to see Object Name, Site location data, Equipment info also in the final integration fits.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@screetch82 This is a known issue and has been discussed on this forum several times. See for instance

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/rfcs-request-for-changes/target-coordinates/

ReplyQuote
Share: