Extraction of Siii ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Extraction of Siii Data from dual NB Oiii/Sii filter

5 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@astroheart)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Not seen this one on here so thought I'd ask. I understand extraction and stacking of Ha/Oiii data, and do it quite successfully. But I'm getting a dual NB Oiii/Sii filter soon, so I'm curious as to how that will work with an OSC?

Would it be correct in assuming that because the Sii is closest to the red channel, if imaging using that filter, one could just use the Ha/Oiii extraction algorithm for OSC then when combining the data using the Combine RGB tool in an SHO palette use it there as actual Sii?

I'm hoping that made sense

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

It is yes and you should be fine using the Ha/OIII combination. In combineRGB you can mix any data in the way you want, so if you specify the SII extraction is SII, it will be treated as such.

ReplyQuote
(@astroheart)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod that's fab stuff, thank you kindly 🙏

ReplyQuote
(@digitaliz-se)
Red Giant

@astroheart

ACAA3AB0 F534 47B4 8FF7 5695A2EFF20F

This is with the new Askar Oiii/Sii. I extracted Sii using Extract Ha. 

/Stefan

ReplyQuote
(@astroheart)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@digitaliz-se damn that's nice! Seriously looking forward to getting my hands on these filters 🤗

ReplyQuote
Share: