Duoband integration...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Duoband integration query

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@dan-archer)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi all.

I am using an ASI 183mc pro cooled with a ZWO duo band filter and I have come across some trouble when integrating.

Each individual frame when selected is still natural colour (reddish), however after integration it ends up blue. Attempting to correct with star calibration like I normally would brings up an error message saying my data does not include R G B, and asks if I want to proceed.

I have tried using different bayer matrices but always end up blue.

what am I missing here, and why is the integration changing colour from the stack?

TIA

Edit:

I have attached images for reference

Light M8 600s Bin1 0001 St
M8 OSC duoband filter session 1 St

ReplyQuote
(@dan-archer)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

So I discovered the error is coming from my dark files, and I have tried with just 1 dark frame integrated and still it turns out as if the red channel is completely gone.

The dark frames have been captured the same as my lights just with the cap on and a towel over the lot just in case there are any cracks.

Same temp (-20 degrees)

Same Gain (23)

Same exposure duration (600 secs)

Anyone able to offer any ideas?

ReplyQuote
(@astrogee)
Neutron Star

@dan-archer I can only think of the offset setting when you take the darks. Maybe your capture program uses different settings for lights and darks.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-archer)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@astrogee I am using ASI air, forgive me if I am wrong but I don't think I can adjust the offset in this software. It is my first time trying 600s exposures with this camera so I will just delete my darks and start again no great loss. I just thought it was something I was doing wrong in my APP workflow. I will try again with some fresh darks and report back. Thanks for your reply

ReplyQuote
 Davm
(@davm)
Red Giant

I had the same problem a while ago, same blue result. New darks was indeed the solution!

Dave

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Mmm, check the Fits Header as well. I've seen the Asi Air reporting some wrong things before. The offset is in there as well as the gain and iso. I've seen an issue where the Asi Air reports a gain of -1 for a DSLR image together with ISO.

ReplyQuote
Share: