debayer related que...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

debayer related question

16 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@maaxx)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Mabula/All,

I guess de-bayering is an important step... Right?

First question - why APP starts at tab "1) Load" and not at tab "0) Raw/Fits"? Please make APP start at tab 0).

APP doesn't seem to recognize the bayer pattern automatically, so one needs to manually select it (RGGB in my case, for ZWO ASI294 camera in my case) and tick "force bayer CFA". I missed this more than once and ended up with grey-scale results.

If I process my Nikon NEF files I end up with greenish images (RGGB is applied?). DSS doesn't do this.. How do I get rid of that?

Thanks!

Max

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Usually APP does recognize the correct pattern, which is why it doesn't start at that tab. I do agree that if there is a problem there, it's not very obvious to check the 0 tab.

For the green images, we need a bit more information (like a screenshot). It could very well be that this is the actual raw data and DSS might process it differently. APP always shows the unmodified data, if your data simply has a bit more green in it from the start, then that is what it is. You can correct the color in the end with color calibration.

ReplyQuote
(@foucault)
White Dwarf

Hi, 

Using an ASI1600MCC, I also try to remember to peeselect my CFA and to check Force CFA, since my pattern was not recognized several times.

This problem, too, could be solved if APP would remember at least some settings (like the working directory).

Stefan

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by Foucault

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes agreed, a settings dialog in which these things are shown and saved would be nice.

ReplyQuote
(@foucault)
White Dwarf

Hi, 

So the green hue could derive from the fact, that the Bayer Matrix has two green pixels?

Stefan

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Could be, but I have to see an image to judge that a bit better. It shouldn't be too strong of an effect though as normally these channels are combined by the camera (not sure if that holds true for raw, but I think it does).

ReplyQuote
(@rcfmitch)
Red Giant

Same problem here with 60Da (cr2)  and Green  cocoon Neb instead of red!!

never had this happen before , ran it  twice and still green. 

maybe disable RGGB that might fix it for me . but right now im lost. 

green

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Did this happen all of a sudden with the latest version? No changes in your processing workflow? I don't see a lot of colour in your stars, does colour calibration work as expected?

ReplyQuote
(@rcfmitch)
Red Giant

Hi Vincent, background calib and star calib set the stars color correctly, but at the final integration it's just Green. and yes first time ever. 

let me see if i'm using 0.74 or 0.73 

Diego trifid was perfect , so i don't get it.,  

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Would be interesting to know if it somehow is version related. I doubt it though as you 2 are the only ones so far to have reported this as an issue. Very curious to see why, maybe I should have a look at the data at some point.

ReplyQuote
(@rcfmitch)
Red Giant

In Pixinsight which i teach,  the final cocoon is a green (rGGb) cast as it should from a  DSLR 60Da but ABE or DBE takes care of that, this is why i was shocked to see this. Histogram shows a steep Green overlay next to or over  the blue. 

Hmm 🙁

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So DBE takes care of the nebula color itself? That's interesting, isn't that simply a light pollution method?

ReplyQuote
(@rcfmitch)
Red Giant

I ve decided to completely removing APP and reinstalling again with 0.74 

then will rerun IC-5146 and see if its green, 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

You could share some of the data if you want (vincent@astropixelprocessor with wetransfer.com zipped), I have both PI and APP.

ReplyQuote
(@rcfmitch)
Red Giant

Yes and no, it is used for the Green , red blue yellow and orange casts caused by various LCD light panels for making flats.

even sky flats will put a Green cast on all the final subs. so in PI a person can regain the natural color by either Dynamic-BE or Auto-BE.

its also used for heavy gradients. from LP or sky fogg , Haze and the such.

i reinstalled APP 0.74 and now all is well ( kinda) after star color calib the cocoon goes from a nice red to Orange , and i don't know why?

the stars now have a good color balance but the Neb took a beating. 

if you still want the full dataset let me know , its 1.8Gig. 

thanks Vincent...

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

No idea what the issue would be to be honest, ofcourse the depth of data in the nebula isn't big so that might be a bit more tricky, you have to be very careful with fainter details during processing. The full dataset isn't necessary, a subset should be enough. Like 10 frames of each calibration frame and 10 lights? Zipping that should reduce the amount as well.

ReplyQuote
Share: