Compare 2 stacks - ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2023-09-28: APP 2.0.0-beta24 has been released !

Improved application startup, fixed application startup issues, upgraded development platform to Oracle GraalVM JDK21

We are very close now to  releasing APP 2.0.0 stable with a complete printable manual...

Astro Pixel Processor Windows 64-bit

Astro Pixel Processor macOS Intel 64-bit

Astro Pixel Processor macOS Apple M Silicon 64-bit

Astro Pixel Processor Linux DEB 64-bit

Astro Pixel Processor Linux RPM 64-bit

Compare 2 stacks - What went wrong??

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@andynowlen)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

HI,

I thought you would want to see these results. 

The first screenshot results from using the Ha-Oiii algorithm integrating 64 of 70 sub-frames.

Screenshot 2023 06 01 at 5.57.39 PM

The second screenshot results from using the Ha-Oiii algorithm with Bayer/X-Trans drizzle with droplet .5 and scale 2.0 integrating 64 of 70 sub-frames. To the best of my knowledge, no other settings were changed between the two integrations.

Screenshot 2023 06 01 at 5.57.07 PM

Thanks for any advice.

Andy

This topic was modified 4 months ago by Andy Nowlen

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

So the first shot is using HaOIII color algorithm, but I guess also some other processing? As I don't see any stars.

Is your data undersampled and very well dithered? That would be required for a good drizzle process.

ReplyQuote
(@andynowlen)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Here is my most recent version. Also, the settings I changed to get the stars to show, or at least I think that these accomplished that.  Then the screenshot from the Integration Tab and Tab 0.  In Tab 0 and Tab 6, I did NOT select 'force Bayer/X-Trans CFA' or use 'Bayer/X-Trans drizzle'.  The end result is great for my purposes and equipment.  But the previous efforts using Bayer/X-Trans selections were not effective.

I guess it is something to add to the APP knowledge base.

Thanks,

Andy

NA wall one Ha Oiii V4drz 5x1 5 RGB session 1 crop lpc cbg DBE

Screenshot 2023 06 01 at 10.39.04 PM
Screenshot 2023 06 03 at 11.10.05 AM

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @andynowlen,

So you are saying that with Ha-O3 color, using Bayer/X-Trans drizzle is producing that green result ? In 2.0.0-beta17 ?

If so, perhaps you can can upload your data so I can test and fix this?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: