Combining data usin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Combining data using different filters with OSC  

RSS

(@john-quinn)
White Dwarf Customer
September 26, 2020 02:00  

Hello, what would be the best way to combine several hours of data taken with a OSC camera (RASA 8, ASI071MC Pro) using a Celestron LP filter with a few hours of the same subject taken with a Radian Triad Ultra Quadband filter (Ha, Hb, OIII, SII)?. I use the AAD algorithm for the LP filter, and the preferred Ha-OIII color algorithm when using the quad filter. (I have also used the Extract Ha, Extract OIII and Ha-OIII mono and the Hubble RGB combine)

I have tried a few approaches but am curious as to your recommendation to better take advantage of the APP capabilities.

Thanks!

John

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
September 26, 2020 12:59  

Well, doing the extract Ha, extract OIII etc. gives the possibility to work on those signals separately and making them nice. Using the Ha-OIII color won't give that much of control over the separate signals, which can be fine as well, depending on the data. So that are already possibilities to make it nicer. Improving results is usually a thing of more data and dark skies or narrowband. The better the data itself, the easier it is to get a better result.

ReplyQuote
Share: