Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Channel Assign section - LPS

(@ggalbch)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

Hi there,

I have asked this question before but without a response. Maybe I had too many question packed in at once.
What does LPS in the channel selection stand for and how is it to be used?

If I would have to guess, maybe it means Light Pollution Suppression? 
For subs taken with Astronomik CLS filter, would I select LPS (it it stands for light pollution suppression) or does it not matter, if I have only subs with same filter? 
However, if I would load subs taken half without a filter and the other half with CLS, would it then matter?
In one of the very helpful videos I saw mentioned, APP recognizes automatically the different filters (LRGB) when loading all subs at once. 

Thank you for your help.
Georg

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Yes, you're correct, the LPS stands for Light Pollution Supression filter. Whatever you choose there doesn't really matter, it's a way to tag the data properly for a better organization, so if you don't have a specific narrowband filter used or mono data, you can pick RGB, UHC or LPS. APP does recognize it, but that'll depend on if the filter tag is included in the fits headers of the file.

ReplyQuote
(@ggalbch)
Brown Dwarf Customer
Topic starter  

Thank you Vincent,

In this case I will set up manual filter wheel in NINA and determine to use CSL or no filter and update the file name to include filter type.

However, as I am imaging with a DSLR with CR2 format file output, would that information even be saved?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Probably not indeed, then you can set it yourself.

ReplyQuote
Share: