Cant get flats to a...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Cant get flats to apply correctly

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@adamj)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I am unable to use my flats taken to calibrate out my image. I am using a 550D and its as if when the flats are applied to the image they over correct and I am left with the dust bunnies being lighter than the background rather than darker as per the un-calibrated image.

I also not that when I create a master flat the red channel is under exposed in comparison to the Blue and Green Channels which are aligned but in my capture software (Backyeard EOS) this is not the case, if anything the blue channel is the most exposed channel as these are sky flats.

I also should note that I am using a modified camera with a CLS filter in place.

ReplyQuote
(@adamj)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Solved: I forgot that you need Bias frames for Flats to correctly calibrate and rushed in with only flats.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi AdamJ @adamj,

Welcome to the APP forum 😉

I assume all is working correctly now with the addition of Bias frames in flat calibration ?

Apologies for the delay in my response.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@adamj)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Yes everything is working fine now thanks 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: