Cannot load files!

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Cannot load files!

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@chrisby18)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

I am using the latest version of APP in a trial basis on an IMac. I have been through the process several times and have had reasonable success ( for a beginner). For the last week or so I have been trying to use the program but I can't load any files into APP. With the working directory on screen I can the directory down to folders and sub folders but when I open these it shows nothing although the files are definitely there. In the file type box there is no file type showing and nothing on the dropdown. I am probably missing something obvious but has any one any ideas how to correct this please as the program is unusable at the moment.

Thankyou 

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @chrisby18,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the APP forum.

The application starts with asking you to select a working directory. In this directory, APP will store all results and also temporary files while integrating.

SetWorkDir

The File Chooser states: select your working directory

So your first step is to just choose a work directory. After having chosen a work directory, you can load frames with the lights, darks, flats, bias buttons and they should show up then 😉

I pressed the light button after having chosen the lights folder as my working directory, now I can see/select an load the frames.

SetWorkDir loadLights

Let me know if this solves it for you 😉

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@chrisby18)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula,

Thank-you for your very prompt reply, I feel a bit of an idiot now, I thought I was doing just as you suggest but realise I was pressing lights and then trying to find the files rather than, as you say pressing and choosing the directory button first.

Thank you once again, APP is the best program of its type, I have tried, and I will be taking out a subscription very soon.

Chris.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Thanks Chris @chrisby18,

No problem 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: