Cannot Analyse star...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Cannot Analyse starts around NGC 55

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@lanties)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I have played around with the settings under 3)  but I cannot get APP to analyse the stars in these frames. Sample Attached. 

ngc 55 2018 10 02 30sec 1x1 Lum frame51 St St

Any suggestions ?

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @lanties,

Can you send me a couple if frames, so I can have a close look? (3-5 frame will be fine)

Please send them to support@astropixelprocessor.com with wetransfer.com or dropbox.

What does happen? No star count at all, or less than 6?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@lanties)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi @mabula-haverkamp-administrator,

I have emailed the dropbox link.

It seems that it is not detecting any stars

Regards

Johan

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Johan @lanties,

Thank you, I will download it and will have a look immediately 😉

Will report back with my findings.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Johan @lanties ,

Which APP version are you using currently?

The latest release: APP 1.067 , has no problem detecting several hundreds of stars in the images and registration is no problem as well.

All with default settings:

No Problem APP 1067

Perhaps you are on an older version? There have been quite a few upgrades in star analysis in the last releases.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@lanties)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I am on 1.067.  I always just use default settings except for 6). Got a message that APP could not detects stars and that I had to lower kappa value. in 3). I then started playing around with the values but with no success. Could it be calibration data that perhaps need to be redone?

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Johan @lanties,

Without calibration masters all is fine, so yes, I suspect a problem with your calibration masters. Please verify the masters 😉

Check how an image looks calibrated using the l-calibrated image viewer mode, that might give a clear clue.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@lanties)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula (@mabula-haverkamp-administrator,

My humble apologies. APP works perfect! I really do not know what I did wrong. I just closed down everything and started from scratch and all worked out 100%. This was just a test in Lum on NGC 55 to see what I can get if I spend some time on it. Your prompt assistance are much appreciated and apologies for wasting time on this. 

ngc55

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: lanties

Hi Mabula (@mabula-haverkamp-administrator,

My humble apologies. APP works perfect! I really do not know what I did wrong. I just closed down everything and started from scratch and all worked out 100%. This was just a test in Lum on NGC 55 to see what I can get if I spend some time on it. Your prompt assistance are much appreciated and apologies for wasting time on this. 

ngc55

No problem Johan @lanties,

I am glad that all is allright now. If such a thing happens again, do check the calibrated data with the l-calirbated image viewer mode. That is very usefull to point out a problem with the data or the calibration frames 😉

Have a great day 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: