The problem with the data upload limit for attachments has been fixed. I have restored it to 30MegaBytes. A recent forum software upgrade was responsible for the changed limit. Please accept my apologies for missing this when upgrading the forum sofware, Mabula.
Can no longer analyze stars on my HA integrations for registering them.
Can no longer analyze stars on my HA integrations for registering them for combine RGB. Ver 1.069. Used to be able to adjust out of focus stars to fix this.
Just downloaded 1.070. Same thing. It can't register anymore. It works fine through an integration, but when trying to use the integrated HA image nothing I do can make it work.
Just tried to download 1.065 and can't find it. Please assist.
EDIT by Mabula
Beta versions with an upgrade and fix for the issue are here:
Please report if all is working okay now, thanks !
Had the same problem with 1.069, and i needed to lower Kappa to 0.03 above that no star were found , at least it stayed there and i was able to continue. my just be a big fix.
thanks, hope so. even in 1.068 I had to uncheck the minimum star box to get kappa to stay put, but it would stay put.
well that's good GW... after observing and imaging for over 45 years i think i finally found the program that will put all our final images to good use ( sharing with our friends) , instead of making them darker to hide the noise ... i teach Pixinsight and my student just got a taste of APP, but they are holding back because its not fully developed yet and many small things needs ironing out . The Post processing is quite difficult for a beginner even with me , i have no worries in Pix having been at it for almost 2 years. In this case i want to get a good grip on APP and stay with is as it sails the sea of Astro photographers and see it land on all shores across the world.
I like it and i'm sticking with it .... even if at first it's a bit difficult to get our heads around it.
Found a copy of 1.062 on my hard drive. Installed it and did the RGB combine what's the hydrogen Alpha and oxygen three just fine registered analyze stars without a hitch
Not sure if this is the best answer but a couple of times recently I too have encountered the message about reducing the kappa value when processing RGB stacks during Step 4 - Register, using both v1.069 and v 1.070
I overcame the problem by:
a) At step 3) Analyse Stars, substantially increasing the automatic minimum and maximum #stars target sliders - I think doing this causes APP to auto adjust the kappa value in order to try to achieve the target values.
b) At step 4) Register, changing the Pattern Recognition Descriptors selector to 'Triangles'
I also increased the Scale Stop value in my most recent case from 5 to 10 but not sure if this really had much influence of the result.
These value changes somewhat increased the processing times but overcome the kappa error message. I am currently of the opinion that the kappa value error message as it stands is a hangover from earlier releases of APP and needs to be revised to reflect the current processing model. I don't think there is a need to revert to an older version of APP in order to get Registar Stars to work.
Hope this approach will work for you also.
These problems with star registration were things specifically addressed in the recent releases, so if that still proves to be a problem Mabula has to have a close look at it. (@mabula-admin) He's on a holiday at the moment, but will return in a week or so.
So 6.6 hours in total.
Sorry for the slow response. Here is the tech car data. 11hr https://www.astrobin.com/377944/