Best quality not ta...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Best quality not taken as reference

4 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
(@rbarbout)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hello,
I am stacking the results of three sessions for a total of 86 photos.
I asked APP to keep only 80 photos based on their quality.
APP shows that it has selected photo # 50 as a reference with a quality score of 317.03.
However, you can see that some other photos have higher quality (up to 322.82).
Is it normal that photo # 65 was not taken as reference ? 

APP Quality

In addition, would it be possible to have a function to export the values presented to a csv file.
And finally would it also be possible not to sort the data by session when displaying the analytical graph ?

Thank you,

Robert.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Not sure actually, it may be that APP also takes a few other things into account. I'll tag Mabula to see if he has more input on this @mabula-admin

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @rbarbout & @vincent-mod,

The reference frame is chosen after 3) Analyse Stars, so the quality score at that moment is used to determine the reference frame. If you load frames of different filters or even different camera's, APP will take that into account as well. So A luminance frame will be used instead of a Red frame for instance 😉

After 5) Normalize, you will see that the quality scores per frame will have changed, because APP will have more analytical data about your frames. Hence, the score will be different and a different frame might have a higher score than the earlier chosen reference frame. And this is normally not a problem/issue that will affect the integration outcome.

Always automatic sorting on sessions is rather usefull I think, but I will see if I can add an option to not do this.

Exporting the data will come as well 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@rbarbout)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi @mabula-admin and @vincent-mod,

Thank you for the answer, it all make sense now.

Glad to see that you may take my requests into account.

For the global sorting, it was a way for me to know of many frames to stack and how many to reject.

Even if I know that APP makes a smart use of even the lesser quality frames  😉 

Robert.

ReplyQuote
Share: