APP has problems wi...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

APP has problems with my data

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@guglhupf)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

APP cannot process my data.

Hi. I got some data yesterday that APP cannot process somehow. The final result are smeared stars. The first indication that there is something wrong is in the processing graph. All Stars are at quality 1. I am a beginner but it usually looks very different.

I process with the defaults.

I am about to upload the data, but it's 24GB so maybe someone can make suggestions? Maybe I need to process it like it was a mosaic because it shifted between pictures. But by not much. I also got an exception twice. But I did restart. This inability to process happens with 17 and 20 beta.

Screenshot 2023 07 15 at 11.11.32 AM

Screenshot 2023 07 15 at 9.27.39 AM
Screenshot 2023 07 15 at 9.17.35 AM
This topic was modified 10 months ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Konrad @guglhupf,

Your data is probably a bit noisy and/or you have very small stars (FWHM about 2pixels). Please enable the cosmic ray/noise reducer in star analysis and set it to a value of about 10 and then retry star analysis and continued processing 😉

Do you need cosmetic hot column correction? I will check if there is a problem there.

Finally, are you using calibration frames? Are you using darks and thus a Bad Pixel Map in APP? Chances are likely that if you don't, creating a Bad Pixel Map for your camera's sensor will really help here, because now APP is thinking that the hot pixels of your sensor are stars causing the misalignment in your result.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@guglhupf)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thank you. 
Yes, after I tried DSS and then looked into the data in Photshop I realized that's likely what happens. The hot pixels are overwhelmingly brighter. I am a novice. The camera is a QHY268C the Scope FRA500. I also used an Optolong L-Exteme which likely makes things so dim.
The whole train is new to me ( I imaged before with a REDCAT and a ASI1600 ). 
I did use a Bad Pixel Map and yes also a Master Dark as well. 

Raw and Intermediately processed and final processed data is here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YgqBqv1R7mHoNDWEQemdaBDC9-BCBAGW/view?usp=sharing
Master Dark and BPM I used are here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UgwpUGGTJnkQR5FLezjZtBpVvqkfhwyt/view?usp=sharing

I did try the settings. But it didn't help. Still get all perfect scores.

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@guglhupf)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Ok, 15 seems to have done it

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Konrad, Okay I will look at your data for testing to improve this, thank you.

If you need to increase it to 15 even, then I think you are exposing your image way too short when using such a Optolong L-Exteme filter. What exposure time do you have? Your results will probably benefit a lot if you can increase the exposure time per sub.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@guglhupf)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Sorry, I didn't get a notification. Thank you for sharing your experience. Much obliged. 
You are of course you absolutely right. I saw it when I looked at a photo in PS. Way dark. I used 200s for the set I originally did. I used 600s yesterday. 600s is much better. But I could go even further up from there. Mount is not the best. But I think 600s will do OK. Thank you

ReplyQuote
Share: