APP closes while in...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

APP closes while integration

8 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@catweazle74)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello,

Last week I took a series of fotos of NGC281. The next night I did NGC281 with dual nawwor band filter.

Next day I noticed, that I can stack the RGB-lights without a problem, but when I try to stack the DNB-lights, APP closes without a message while the end phase of integration.

I thought the split to Ha might be the reason, but even with default setting, without any correction frames, it's still closing. Then I reduced the number of selected lights. 3 light of the center of the night could be stacked. But with the first 3 lights of the series it closed as well.

I prepared an archive with the first 3 files and the error-log, but it's 50MB. 

The error log says, Java was out of memory. So I raised from 24 to 30 of 32 GB, but it still crashed.

Greetings 

Marc

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@catweazle74 Marc, can you upload your files to

https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/

using as both username and password: upload

Please create a directory called catweazle74_crash and put the files in there. Let me know when the upload is done by replying to this message and I will have a look. 

ReplyQuote
(@catweazle74)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven Ok, done.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@catweazle74 Thanks Marc. I will need calibration files (dark, dark flat, flat, bias) as well. Can you please make sure that you upload a few of each so I can try a complete integration run? Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@catweazle74)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven Ok, I uploaded a packet of 3 samples of each type. If you want to, I can upload the whole set on one drive.

I try integration 7-8 times with the full set of lights and calibration files. At this point I hardly missed a "Save project" button, because I had to start from scratch each time.

Later I skipped all calibration frames and only tryed to integrate some lights. Finaly I just loaded three lights and hit "Integrate"

Over two day I set the computer to hibernate, but did not reboot yet.

Meanwhile I tried lights of other sessions and had no problem.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@catweazle74 Hi Marc. I managed to integrate the three Lights using all calibration files that you uploaded without any issues whatsoever:

Screenshot 2021 09 14 at 10.40.47

Can you try yourself with the three files and see if that works for you? FYI I loaded the three lights, flats, darks, dark flats and bias and then went straight to tab 6 and clicked the integrate button. No other changes in APP.

ReplyQuote
(@catweazle74)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Well, yesterday it crashed with lights of an other session that already worked, too.

So, today I rebooted at first. And now everything is ok. The samples worked as well as the whole set. Seems like java needed a clean start.

Thank you for your help!

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@catweazle74 Glad you were able to solve your issue!

ReplyQuote
Share: