Unable to see any f...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Unable to see any file types!?  

RSS

(@gofer)
Molecular Cloud Customer
January 10, 2021 17:23  

I purchased and installed the latest version of Pixel processor and for some reason now I can't see any

Screenshot 2021 01 10 at 15.42.48

file types when I select a working directory!? I'm on a mac and on Catalina version 10.15.7. 

I tried installing and software a few times with no luck! Any help on this would be most appreciated.

This topic was modified 9 months ago by gofer

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
January 10, 2021 18:07  

@gofer That is very strange. Can you show us a directory listing of that directory?

ReplyQuote
(@gofer)
Molecular Cloud Customer
January 10, 2021 22:57  

@wvreeven I attached a screenshot of what's in the directory but even if I go to my other old directories or jpegs, tiff or fits nothing shows up! I don't know if mac OS has updated something causing the issue!!!?

Many thanks

Gunter

Screenshot 2021 01 10 at 21.55.02

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
January 10, 2021 23:32  

@gofer Did you give APP permission to access the Volume? You can do this in the System Preferences of your Mac.

On a different topic, is the disk mounted on that Volume an SSD? If no then please choose a working directory on the hard disk of your Mac since processing on an external HD may fail due to I/O issues.

ReplyQuote
(@gofer)
Molecular Cloud Customer
January 11, 2021 15:42  

I moved everything to my mac HD and gave the application full drive access and still no luck.

Screenshot 2021 01 10 at 22.36.54
Screenshot 2021 01 10 at 22.47.05

and on the drop-down menu in the app it shows now file types I can open.

Screenshot 2021 01 11 at 12.24.23

ReplyQuote
(@gofer)
Molecular Cloud Customer
January 11, 2021 16:00  

@wvreeven I think I have solved the issue, the first thing that it opened was the working directory and because I couldn't see any files I thought something was wrong. I had to click on the lights then the file types showed up! So all good and sorry to have troubled you all.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
January 11, 2021 16:38  

@gofer I see! Yes, now that I read your first message again I admit I misunderstood what you wrote. Glad you sorted it out and sorry for the confusion on my side!

ReplyQuote
(@gofer)
Molecular Cloud Customer
January 11, 2021 17:05  

@wvreeven I guess if anything that has come out of it others can have a read of it if something similar is encountered. Otherwise, I now managed to process my very short session imaging M42 before the freezing fog rolled in!

Orion nebula RGB session 1 St

Thank you 

Gunter

ReplyQuote
Share: