"Right Click" on an...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

"Right Click" on an iMac with Trackpad Doesn't Work

12 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jlg84)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I am using an iMac 27" with a Magic Trackpad to run APP 1.083 and in this version (as in all previous versions) there is no functionality for right-clicking on the list of files being operated on to choose sort options or do whatever else you might do by right-clicking. I also cannot click on the headers of the various columns ("frame", "file name", "ISO/gain", "Registration RMS" etc) to sort that way. Is this functionality meant to be present?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

It's not very standard indeed, we may improve on that in future versions. But you should be able to right-click on the file-list and then choose how to sort it.

ReplyQuote
(@jlg84)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod Unfortunately, it does not work at all. Do you know if the issue is the trackpad, or is it the OS?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@jlg84 For me "right" clicking on the trackpad works fine. For instance when I load lights and then "right" click on the files list, I get a popup allowing to sort the files etc. Can you give an example of where you expect "right" clicking to work and it doesn't?

ReplyQuote
(@jlg84)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

When I have my lights and calibration frames loaded, and have gone through the calibration process, shouldn’t I be able to right-click somewhere in the list of files under the viewing window to choose sort order and things like that? I have tried right-clicking everywhere in there, including on the column headings, and nothing works. 

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@jlg84 Yes that should work. What version of macOS are you on?

ReplyQuote
(@jlg84)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven I'm on 12.0.1. And I just tried this on my MacBook Air too (running the same macOS, but with an M1 chip) and right-click doesn't work there either.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Just to be sure, but the trackpad is configured to respond to 2-fingers being a right-click right?

ReplyQuote
(@jlg84)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I’ve been doing Ctrl-click. I just tried two-finger click and that seems to work! Why does one work, but not the other?

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by James Glucksman

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@jlg84 Great that two-finger clicks work. Ctrl-click doesn't because there is no generic "right click" functionality in Java (or any other generic programming language) and this needs to be explicitly programmed. I'll pass it on to Mabula. 

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi James @jlg84,

I have put this on our ToDo list to fix for MacOS users;-) I guess you also have problems then with zooming in and out on the image data with the mouse? Left click zooms in, and right click zooms out.

Using the CTRL key + left mouse click instead of a right-mouse click should not be difficult to implement so we will make it work in the next release.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@jlg84)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin To zoom in and out I use the two-finger slide on the trackpad, which works fine. Thank you for adding the CTRL-click functionality in a future update!

ReplyQuote
Share: