Mouse focus issue

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Mouse focus issue

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@nickscosmos)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi. Anyone having trouble with window focus after starting APP ? I am running Mint 19.3 with Mate desktop - fully updated. Quite often (very often actually) after I start APP the "click to focus" stops working and cannot get focus on terminal, browsers etc. Also cannot close windows or bring them to the foreground etc. Whole desktop screwed.

Fix 1. Login to console and kill -9 APP. seems to fix.

Fix  2. kill desktop and start again.

Fix 3. Go to panel and try to minimise then unminimise windows.

This happened also on previous APP versions. Currently running APP v. 1.082

As long as I stay in APP then everything fine until I want to bring up other terminals/windows. 

Some mismatch between graphic libraries I presume.

Anyone got a less intrusive fix ?

Thanks.

Nick

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Interesting, my main machine is running the latest Linux Mint and I'm not having this issue. What steps do reproduce this for you? Just starting up and trying to select the main window?

ReplyQuote
(@nickscosmos)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Vincent - are you using Cinnamon desktop ? I am using Mate since Cinnamon used to

create other issues with other software. Maybe because the PC has been upgraded

many times and have some dodgy libraries lurking around. Just wondered if anyone else had similar issue. If not then some software  issue with my desktop, I have all sorts of stuff installed over the years which you wont have if you installed a fresh clean copy.

It seems to happen randomnly. Sometimes run APP and close it and no problem, other times desktop "stuck". Doesn't happen with any other software I use and is definitely

a problem when I use APP. 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes Cinnamon. I've had good luck with it tbh, no issues with all kinds of software (which impressed me to the point I switched to Linux, after years not having used it). 🙂 I do keep a rather clean system and it is about year old now. So maybe an issue that got introduced at your site, but that's hard to say. Can you test on maybe a virtual machine running a fresh Linux Mint desktop? Just as an idea?

It is weird this only happens with APP though, do you have any other Java based software?

ReplyQuote
(@nickscosmos)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I have another PC with Mint 20, but it is a bit of a pain to use as it is headless and

in another location. 

Might give it a try at some stage and let you know if it has issues as well.

ReplyQuote
Share: