Trial licence quest...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

[Solved] Trial licence question

22 Posts
3 Users
6 Likes
27.9 K Views
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

No easier way to put this but can you freeze or suspend my trial licence please Mabula, this evening a horrible burning smell coming from my pc and its burnt out, you know the electrical burning smell, need to get myself sorted with another one but by the time I do, my trial will expire. Hoping you can help.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Tony,

Ai, that's really unfortunate. I hope the damage isn't too big.

No problem at all Tony. Just let me know when you are up and running again and I will recreate a new 30-day trial for you.

(I was going to offer you this already, due to the fits read problem on your system. If that is sorted, it's only fair to let the 30-days start...)

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  
Posted by: Mabula Haverkamp

Hi Tony,

Ai, that's really unfortunate. I hope the damage isn't too big.

No problem at all Tony. Just let me know when you are up and running again and I will recreate a new 30-day trial for you.

(I was going to offer you this already, due to the fits read problem on your system. If that is sorted, it's only fair to let the 30-days start...)

Kind regards,

Mabula

Thankyou Mabula, much appreciated.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

You're most welcome Tony 😉

ReplyQuote
(@ccd1024)
Molecular Cloud

Hi Mabula

Another question about trial

I received the 3 emails (registration, download, trial licence). Is it possible to test APP on 1 PC computer (windows10) and 1 Macbook computer (OSX) ? Can I register 2 times ? Or do I need to choose only 1 computer for demo.

Thank you !

Cheers

Philippe

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Philippe,

thank you for your question.

The trial/demo runs fully enabled on 3 computers 😉

Let me know if it works

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula, at long last am ready to restart the trial. I hope its not changed much:)

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Tony,

Welcome back 😉

I have sent you the required details for restarting your 30-day period (to your registered e-mail address). A new 30-day Trial license has been added to your account as well, so you will have access to the downloads.

Let me know if all is well 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Can't seem to activate it, I have done it twice with the correct licence but not working.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Tony,

I have checked my logs and database and I am sure that I found and fixed the problem.

My apologies,please try again, it should work now.

(I did remove all activated PCs attached to your license but forget to switch a value stating if the license was activated or not... )

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

still not. I take it that the licemce number is the one beginning Tr? followed by 16 digits?

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Tony,

According to my logs the license code is entered incorrectly.

Are you running version 1.055 ?

SEVERE: 19-11-17 9:51: client 88.105.155.71 license does not exist

You need to enter it exactly as given to you in the license extension e-mail. It's case sensitive as well. And Yes its the code starting with Tr .

If you enter tr-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx or TR-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx it won't work, need to start with Tr.

Can you confirm your IP adress as well, is it: 88.105.155.71 ?

You can check here: https://www.iplocation.net/find-ip-address

If it fails again, please let me know your IP address and the time at which you tried to activate, then my logs should tell me why it fails again.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

address is correct.

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I have been entering correctly but as they say try try try again and finally it works.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Tony, Yes, I now see that the license is activated and that you got confirmation.

I am happy it works now 😉

Mabula

Tony reacted
ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I have stumbled already, APP is saying all my lights and darks are incomplete or corrupt but they have been used in another program ok.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Tony,

I assume these are fits files?

Can you share one of the files so I can have a look? You can attach a fit/fits file of 30MB to a post. If they are larger, please send one to me using wetransfer.com, use support@astropixelprocessor.com.

If APP says that they are incomplete/corrupt it usually means that the files don't correctly follow fits conventions. APP uses  the nom.tam.fits fits library from NASA so it will complain when a fits file isn't created properly. If you send me one of the files, it can usually be fixed quickly though 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I may have solved my own problem. I capture my data on my laptop and make a copy to an external hard drive, it seems my copy is corrupt, I have just successfully loaded my original flats. I will see how the rest of the bpm goes.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Okay Tony, do you still have the original files?

Usually, to be on the safe side, I don't cut & paste, just copy & paste, so the originals would still be there if the process suddenly crashed for some reason.

Let me know if you think I need to fix something in the file readers though 😉 or if I can help you in any way.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

all worked Mabula, I think my copies were corrupt. Bpm is created. One question regarding the bpm, I created using flats from ha filter and 20min darks from ha filter, do I need to create a bpm for each filter and each exposure time?

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Tony,

Excellent, that's good to know.

The BPM is basically a sensor characteristics bitmapped file that has the locations of pixels that don't behave linearly.

Once you have created a single good BPM using any flats and darks,  you can use it for all the data that you need to calibrate. I have been using a single BPM for a Nikon D5100 for over 3 years now to good effect 😉

I have been using a BPM created out of 50 darks, iso 400, exposure time 15 minutes & 20 flats ISO 100 exposure time 5 seconds to calibrate all data (with different iso's and exposure times )that I shot with the D5100 for the last 3 years.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
 Tony
(@tonymacc)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  
Posted by: Mabula Haverkamp - Admin

Hi Tony,

Excellent, that's good to know.

The BPM is basically a sensor characteristics bitmapped file that has the locations of pixels that don't behave linearly.

Once you have created a single good BPM using any flats and darks,  you can use it for all the data that you need to calibrate. I have been using a single BPM for a Nikon D5100 for over 3 years now to good effect 😉

I have been using a BPM created out of 50 darks, iso 400, exposure time 15 minutes & 20 flats ISO 100 exposure time 5 seconds to calibrate all data (with different iso's and exposure times )that I shot with the D5100 for the last 3 years.

Kind regards,

Mabula

Ah, I understand now. Thankyou.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: