We have updated the forum software 🙂 ! We are now working on upgrading the whole site and the Forum to a dark theme... so please refresh your internet browser twice to properly update the forum appearance AND functionality... Check your internet browser for the refresh function, on windows, this usually is the F5 button, but it depends on your internet browser.
Yet another M31
although working with unsupported filetypes is a pain, I got pretty good results by converting to tiff with dcraw (following options : dcraw -q 3 -4 -t 0 -T ). This is 3 hours of integration time in 120 sec subs with 25 darks and 30 flats.
Camera: Sony A7rII
OTA: Canon 300/2.8 L USM (1st gen without IS) and Canon 2x TC III adapted with Metabones IV
Mount: Skywatcher Star Adventurer guided with Lacerta MGen II and an Orion Mini Guide Scope
Site: Bortle ~3
Seeing: initially good but decreasing in the last hour
Calibration of darks and flats with Sigma clipping 3 and 1 iteration
Integration with Sigma clipping 3 and 3 iterations, equal weights
The lens has some ca when paired with the 2x tc and so I first had to remove this defect in LR before running star color correction but even with that done the colors needed a lot of tweaking. I am already collecting HA data in order to bring out the star forming pockets.
A higher resolution version of the image can be found here : google drive link
Thanks for watching and reading. CS