Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Integrating / Quality scoring from different sessions

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@tommohawk)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi - couple of questions on this please.

First, if I right click on the subs list, I have the choice to order from "worst to best" or by "quality". Not sure what the difference is here? essentially I usually decide which to keep and delete out the others.

Second, if I have different session, eg after a meridian flip, the second session quality scores are often quite different to the first session. This seems to occur with most software of this type, and I think may be the result of different framing etc - certainly the timing isn't significantly different, and the focus etc is all the same. So I like to select the best subs from each session, and delete the remainder.

In APP, when all the lights are loaded, is it possible to group them somehow so I can delete out the worst subs from each session?

Alternatively, is there a way to  group them and then stack say the best 95% from each group?

Hope that makes sense.

Tom C

This topic was modified 4 years ago by tom Collicott

ReplyQuote
(@tommohawk)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Couple of follow on observations on this - when I sort from "best to worst" the list appears to sort by quality - so looks like its the same thing.

However, the reference frame chosen by APP is not the one with the highest score which seems odd. Moreover, this frame is actually quite poor quality and doesn't seem to merit the score it has been given. The ones either side of it seem decidedly better.

Oddly, the frame which APP has choses for reference is actually the one that deep Sky Stacker gives the lowest score!! this really doesn't seem quite right!

Below is a screen shot of the list showing the reference sub. and below that a screen shot of the next worst sub... which looks much better! 

Any ideas??

ReplyQuote
Share: