Correct Settings fo...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Correct Settings for Omegon veTEC 16000 C

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@zavijah)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello all,

I'm an absolut beginner with APP and have a question how to find the correct and best working settings for the Omegon veTEC 16000 C cam. 

The cam uses a CMOS Chip (Panasonic MN34230). Are there other user around using this cam or a cam with the same CMOS Chip?

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards

Zav

This topic was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Zavijah

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

In principle there shouldn't be special settings, unless APP is not able to see the mosaic pattern itself (in that case you need to manually force it to do that). Make sure to use darkflats for flats with exposure times of around 1-2 seconds, bias also with exposure times of about 0.5 seconds.

ReplyQuote
(@zavijah)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

Thank you. I thought I have to use flats with exposure time exactly as the exposure time of the light frames?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Hi, sorry for the delay. No, flats simply need to have a proper exposure, not clipping the histogram on the left or right. You do need dark-flats (it's like a bias, but with exposure set to that of the flats).

ReplyQuote
Share: