Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please note our new Downloads page here

2023-01-19: APP 2.0.0-beta13 has been released !

!!! Big performance increase due to optimizations in integration !!!

and upgraded development platform to GraalVM 22.3 based on openJDK19

We are very close now to  releasing APP 2.0.0 stable with a complete printable manual...

Astro Pixel Processor Windows 64-bit

Astro Pixel Processor macOS Intel 64-bit

Astro Pixel Processor macOS Apple M Silicon 64-bit

Astro Pixel Processor Linux DEB 64-bit

Astro Pixel Processor Linux RPM 64-bit

Help adding Ha and OII to RGB with different focal lengths

(@luckybudd)
Main Sequence Star Customer
Topic starter  

Hi there!

I am hoping someone can help me find the best way to do this 🙂  I have taken RGB images of the Pleiades (filterless) with both my hyperstar on an 8" edge HD with an asi294 mc pro AND a canon Ra on a sharpstar 61.  I am combining them nicely using this great tutorial: https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/registration-normalization-integration-using-ddc-lnc-mbb/  here.

I ALSO took some data on the hyperstar with an IDAS NBZ that I would like to add to the mix to create an RGBHOO image.  I have done this well before JUST using the hyperstar data, but am unsure how to do this now that my RGB will be a VERY different image size (as it is the Ra and hyperstar data mixed) than the Ha-OIII data from the hyperstar.

SO.... what I am asking is, how can I do this so APP understands how to put the H and OII data in the right place?  Do I FIRST create an RGB of the RGB material (Ra and hyperstar) and separately extract Ha and Oiii of the IDAS data... will APP know where that fits when I click on the COMBINE RGB tool?  Do I need to do something else first?

I hope this makes sense!  Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Customer

@luckybudd Hi!

You want to process the RGB and IDAS images separately because for the IDAS images you want to select Ha-OIII extract Ha and then Ha-OIII extract OIII.

Once you have the integrated RGB image (combining both focal lengths) and the separate Ha and OIII images, you can load all three as lights (no calibration files), go to tab 5 and normalize them. This will also register the images to each other. Then save the registered images.

The resulting registered images can then be loaded in the Combine RGB tool to create the RGBHOO image. 

HTH, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@luckybudd)
Topic starter  

Brilliant!  Thank you!

So, if I understand correctly: 

1. Integrate the RGB files.  Set aside the stacked RGB file.

2. Reopen APP and load the IDAS data, creating both an extracted HA and OIII file.

3. Reopen APP and load ONLY the completed 3 files as LIGHTS (the RGB, HA and OIII) and normalize them (don't integrate).  Are there any special settings I need to do at this point, or leave everything as default?  Then save the new register images (is this in tab 4?)

4. go to combine tool and select RGBHOO like normal.

Thank you Wouter!  Very helpful!

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Customer

@luckybudd That's correct but no need to restart APP. In tab 1 you can clear all loaded files and then load the ones you want to integrate. 

ReplyQuote
(@luckybudd)
Topic starter  

Ahhh!  Merci!!

ReplyQuote
Share: