Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Black integration after forcing debayer

8 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
(@morrenmaa)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi,

I've been trying to process some images I've taken with one shot color camera. If I run them trough APP without forcing debayer the integration looks alright in the end. It's just black and white. When I do force debayer however the integration image comes out black. Each of the image in the series still looks okay before integration. One thing to point out that the histogram in this black integration image is just one thin spike. I will attach some pictures to show what I mean. This is probably something very silly I'm doing wrong here.

One image before integration as sample:

bi

This is what the integration looks like:

ai

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@morrenmaa What camera do you use and what CFA matrix does it have? Are you sure you select that in tab 0 when forcing debayer? Also, can you post an example of the result of the integration without forcing debayer?

ReplyQuote
(@morrenmaa)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven It's the T68 from iTelescope. According to their website the camera is ZWO ASI071 Pro Color. I've searched internet on which pattern I should use on that camera and I've seen answers pointing to both RGGB and GBRG. I get same result with both options.

I did do one more observation. When I force debayer, after I normalize I get unable to normalize or something similar on the SNR & noise tab for each light frame. I am not seeing that when I am not forcing debayer.

Here's unedited integrated image without force debayer.

M41 St

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@morrenmaa I have no experience with iTelescope and have asked Vincent and Mabula to chime in.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks Wouter!

So, could you check the FITS header to see if you see the RGB pattern mentioned in there? And maybe also try stacking without any calibration files, just to see if there is an issue there.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @morrenmaa,

I think there will be an issue with the calibration data that causes this problem. What kind of frames are you using?

Is it lights and calibration frames? Or lights with pre-created masters?

Like Vincent indicates, what happens if you don't use calibration data, will you get a stack with color and information?

Mabula

This post was modified 3 years ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@morrenmaa)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

@mabula-admin and @Vincent-Moderator Thanks a lot. That was the issue. I'm getting data with color when leaving the calibration data out. I'm using the pre-created masters from iTelescope. Looks like I need to download the raw calibration data or the pre-calibrated images. I think I'm going to go for the raw calibration data and see what happens.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Nice and thanks! Do also mention this to iTelescope as they need to know if the calibration data is correct or not.

ReplyQuote
Share: