Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Cropping tool  

RSS

Sara
(@swag72)
Red Giant Customer
June 13, 2017 23:19  

At the moment (unless I am missing something!) when you want to crop you need to draw the box around the cropping area. That doesn't allow fine adjustment and can also make very fine cropping almost impossible. 

I'd like to see that the box size can be changed on each line independently and that you can also use this on a zoomed in version. That way if you want to crop as little as possible you can be very precise and accurate with your cropping tool.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin
June 14, 2017 10:19  

Hi Sara,

Currently there are 2 ways to make crops:

1. drawing crops
  2. providing offsets for all borders, the number you enter are pixels. With positive values, you crop, with negative values you uncrop.

Making the crops while being zoomed in or making fine adjustments using values that are shown would be something for my RFC list. I'll write it down.

In cases where I needed very fine cropping, I usally cropped a previously cropped image. So I would use it iteratively.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@ancalime)
Molecular Cloud Customer
August 14, 2021 22:25  

cropping does not seem to work for me

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
August 14, 2021 23:10  

@ancalime Gideon, a little more info would be appreciated. What version of APP are you using? How are you trying to crop images?

ReplyQuote
(@ancalime)
Molecular Cloud Customer
August 14, 2021 23:12  

Version 1.082 and I am trying to crop in tab nr 9. Draw box, press crop image, save image, and see that image has not changed (stacking artifacts are still there)

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
August 14, 2021 23:41  

@ancalime The cropped and saved file has a slightly different name than the original. Do the sizes of the two files differ? A very obvious question but I have to ask it: is the file saved in the directory where you expect it to be saved or perhaps in a different one? Please check the working directory and make sure it is there. 

ReplyQuote
(@ancalime)
Molecular Cloud Customer
August 14, 2021 23:44  

It is.... I seemingly have to click on the picture itself down below in the list. I thought that went automagically. It works. Thanks for the pointer! I also figured out the debayering process. Files show as GBRG, whilst camera is RGGB. Selecting RGGB in Tab 0 and force CFA did the trick. No idea why the fits indicate GBRG. Lekker prutsen, dan kom je er wel 😉 Thanks Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
August 14, 2021 23:55  

@ancalime Graag gedaan. My pleasure Gideon!

ReplyQuote
Share: