Share:
Notifications
Clear all

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Comet stacking mode  

RSS

(@imnewhere)
Main Sequence Star Customer
March 27, 2020 23:25  

I would love to see a comet stacking mode in APP. Both stacking the comet itself with allowing the background stars to move, and for stacking both stars and a comet to have a fixed star field with the comet in it.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
March 28, 2020 08:20  

Yes, it's in the planning but for a later version. Top priorities now are HDR, noise reduction, saving settings and such.

ImNewHere liked
ReplyQuote
(@beercia)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
April 30, 2020 18:17  

Sure would be a much welcomed addition

ReplyQuote
(@andre_van_der_hoeven)
Molecular Cloud Customer
July 13, 2020 15:27  

Agree, would be such a welcome addition with Neowise in the sky now... 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@supercreative)
Molecular Cloud Customer
July 13, 2020 18:57  

Has anyone figured out an alternative method of comet stacking on a Mac? I have 55 Neowise subs that I'm itching to stack  and it is not proving to be easy.

ReplyQuote
(@xoph_astropixel)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
July 15, 2020 09:25  

I´m also too waiting for comet stacking with APP.

My solution now on OSX: Wine and DeepSkyStacker.

ReplyQuote
(@astrogee)
Neutron Star Customer
July 16, 2020 13:52  

Yes, now I have Neowise images to stack! 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@elgol)
Red Giant Customer
July 16, 2020 16:36  

Yes, absolutely great time to implement it now, yesterday!

how else to proceed? Register in pixinsight with comet alignment process and load these into APP and then step 4 "no registration"?

ReplyQuote
(@xoph_astropixel)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
July 16, 2020 16:45  

Align / register for the comet in another program (DSS or PI), then save the registered files and stack in APP without registration... is this working?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Neutron Star Customer
July 16, 2020 17:06  

PixInsight produces XISF files which APP cannot read. I am not sure if you can tell PI to save the images in, say, TIFF format but if you find out how to do that then you should be able to load them into APP for further processing.

On the other hand, this comet doesn't seem to move very quickly so why not give it a try and see if you get a blurry comet or not? This is what I get with 12 images of 10 sec each using a Canon DSLR camera and a 135 mm lens. Not a perfect image, mostly due to the light pollution and the house in the foreground, but the comet seems sharp enough to me.

Neowise RGB session 1 lpc cbg St

ReplyQuote
(@elgol)
Red Giant Customer
July 16, 2020 17:16  

sure you can do that, here 30 times 60 sec with 135mm, lots of bg reduction

Neowise 13juli2020 135mm 30 60sec flat RGB session 1 lpc cbg csc PI02

still, best would be to register on comet and stars seperately

astrogee liked
ReplyQuote
(@astrogee)
Neutron Star Customer
July 16, 2020 17:28  

I was wondering if a planetary stacking software like registax could do it....

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
July 17, 2020 21:48  

You can do a comet stacking in PI and save it as fits, which APP can read. You can use APP for calibration purposes of the single frames and save those. Then use PI for comet alignment and APP again for its nice light pollution correction tools. As long as you keep it in a fits format or something else APP can read.

ReplyQuote
Share: