Strange artefact

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Strange artefact

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rishigarrod)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Hi. I am an absolute beginner with APP but have been processing data for a few years now with Pi. I really like the look of APP for pre-processing and I want to get into mosaics.

I got data last night from M31. I am using an Esprit 100 with a 294MC camera driven by an iOptrom GEM 45.

The subs are 120 second with a LPro filter (full moon and I have bortle 8 skies). I use EKOS for capture and have captured 25 subs for each corner in a 2x2 matrix. I have Darks, Flats and DarkFlats.

When I integrate (default settings) I get this. Left are 25 integrated subs and right is an individual sub that has only been debayered and stretched.

Screenshot 2021 09 21 at 19.26.48

This is a close up of the artefact in the middle of the integrated version.

Screenshot 2021 09 21 at 19.29.49

Any idea how I managed this?

I have just stepped through and the calibration goes fine but its after the registration that the artefact appears.

I just updated to the latest Beta and now its fine! Let's see if I can get this mosaic done now.

This topic was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Rishi Garrod

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Switch off dynamic distortion correction. Likely your data doesn't need it and sometimes, in such a case, the algorithm goes haywire.

ReplyQuote
Share: