RGB Combine Problem...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022-05-29: APP 2.0.0-beta2 has been released !

Release notes

Download links per platform:

windows 2.0.0-beta2

macOS x86_64 2.0.0-beta2

macOS arm64 M1 2.0.0-beta2

Linux DEB 2.0.0-beta2

Linux RPM 2.0.0-beta2

RGB Combine Problem with Ha/O3 extracts

(@whixson)
Red Giant Customer
Topic starter  

First the performance of the new version is amazing. I recently got a 24-core Threadripper 3 computer and combined with the performance improvement of V 2 means processing hundreds of subs no longer requires overnight processing.

Now a problem is carrying over from the old version, I do a lot of bi-color processing with my OSC camera and L-Extreme filter and then using the Ha and O3 extracts. If I attempt RGB combine with the files straight out of Integration, everything runs fine. However, if I preprocess with Light Pollution Removal or Cropping, the resulting files are converted from Grayscale to RGB and won't combine as expected using HOO1 or HOO2. It takes multiple clicks to load each file. Is there a way to keep the extracts as Grayscale through these preprocessing steps?

Wayne

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Whixson

ReplyQuote
(@whixson)
Red Giant Customer
Topic starter  

Hi! I know you're busy with the new release but still want to find out about this - why doing crops or lpc on a Ha or O3 extract from OSC changes the extract from Grayscale to RGB.

Thanks!

Wayne

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Sorry, must have missed your post. I don't think this should be the case, I'll forward it to Mabula.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Ah, I see we did add your issue to our issue-list to be solved, this is going to be tackled indeed.

ReplyQuote
Share: