Registration hang o...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Registration hang on 1%

8 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@ipieters)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

I'm trying to do a registration of a four panel mosaic but it seems to hang at 1%. I'm using the trail APP 1.059

I use dynamic distortion correction, registration mode : mosaic, Registration model: projective and scale stop: 10.

Files I'm trying to register: https://we.tl/S2VPh3WZSn

Anyone who could help?

Thanks in advance Irving

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Irving @ipieters,

I'll check the data and report my findingd later today 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Irving @ipieters,

I immediately passed registration 1% and the mosaic has been calculated very quickly using a registration precision of only 0.12 pixel 😉

SuccesfullMosaicCalculation

Perhaps it's informative to know what settings you used in 3) Analyse stars ? How many stars did APP detect?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Irving @ipieters :

IrvingPieters HeartNebula firstTry

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Irving @ipieters,

I have tried different settings in 3) and 4) but I never get the mentioned problem.

Does it happen each time when you try to perform registration?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@1cm69)
Neutron Star

Hi Irving @ipieters,

I have not attempted to create a mosaic in APP up until now but just to reiterate what Mabula has said, I just loaded your data & followed APP's prompts and recommendations, very quick & very easy.

Here's an unprocessed output:

St avg 0.0s NR x 1.0 LZ3 NS full StSh add sc BWMV adv AA RL MBB10 St

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ipieters)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Thanks for the replies. Seems to be a PC specific problem as I've installed APP on another machine and it running like a charm.

Once I decided to buy APP (I'm running the trail) I'll reinstall the PC and give it another try.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Irving @ipieters,

Okay thanks for the feedback, could you share the specifics of the PC on which it stalled?

Operating System?

Videocard and driver version?

cpu and memory ?

The reason I ask, is that 2 other APP users have reported similar behaviour on their Windows machines and at the moment it's unclear why it occurs. The more information that I have the better I will be able to find the cause 😉

Looking forward to your fully processed mosaic!

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: