Processing iTelesco...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Processing iTelescope Calibrated One Shot Color Images

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@prbrandy)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I am processing the OSC Calibrated images of M45 from the Premium Set from iTelescope. As this is my first attempt at OSC image data, I was wanting to conform that the following is the correct way of loading the initial images:

- Prior to loading the images into APP, use the 0) RAW/FITS Tab to set the pattern (example: RGGB) to match the camera specifications as indicated in the FITS Header, set the algorithm to Adaptive Airy Disk, and check the box for force Bayer CFA.

- Use the 1) Load Tab to load the files into APP. 

As a side note, I attempted to load one image using the above process and the image when checked in APP has a green background tint.

Thanks in advance for advice and guidance

Pleiades M45 APOD RGB

ReplyQuote
(@prbrandy)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Attaching screen shot of how the loaded image appears

Screenshot 2023 01 28 101743

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @prbrandy

I am processing the OSC Calibrated images of M45 from the Premium Set from iTelescope. As this is my first attempt at OSC image data, I was wanting to conform that the following is the correct way of loading the initial images:

- Prior to loading the images into APP, use the 0) RAW/FITS Tab to set thepattern (example: RGGB) to match the camera specifications as indicated in the FITS Header, set thealgorithmto Adaptive Airy Disk, andcheck the boxfor force Bayer CFA.

This should not be required, leaving it at the standard settings should process an OSC image that has the correct header information, just fine. Also no need to force Bayer CFA usually.

ReplyQuote
(@prbrandy)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Thanks for the quick response and explination of the processing of OSC images

ReplyQuote
(@rolfw)
Molecular Cloud

Well, i have the same issue with images from iTelescope as well as my QHY268c.

When using default settings all images are green, when choosing force Bayer CFA and RGGB Pattern all images and the result is gryscale only.

And it is not a Fits Header issue, all thes images can be processed fine in DeppSkyStacker and PI.

This post was modified 1 year ago by Rolf Weisenfeld

ReplyQuote
Share: