Processing issue ZW...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Processing issue ZWO 6200 MC pro

11 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
 Mark
(@gilgm)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi am using this OSC camera . Captured lights, flats dark flats and all calibrated and registered and on stretch could see some Nebula , was also using an Optolong Lextreme. All settings at default with Winsorised selected .however when I get to registration all I see is a black screen no nebula at all? Any ideas

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

A black screen usually points to a data calibration issue. What happens when you integrate without calibration? You're sure you have stretch selected (on the right-hand side of APP)?

ReplyQuote
 Mark
(@gilgm)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

Yes stretch is ticked.

stupid question- how do I integrate without doing the calibration first - you mean just integrate Light subs only ?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@gilgm Just load the lights and no calibration. Then go straight to tab 6 and click the integrate button. APP will take care of the intermediate steps. Let us know please if the resulting image is black again. It shouldn't be.

ReplyQuote
 Mark
(@gilgm)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@wvreeven

Will give it a go and let you know - thanks .

ReplyQuote
 Mark
(@gilgm)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi Wouter - Just did the Integration - Final integration is black again - individual subs all look OK - not sure what is happening ?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Interesting, could you share your data with us so we can better see what might be the problem?

Go to https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com and for the username and password, use: upload

Create a directory named “gilgm-blackIntegration” and upload in there. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
 Mark
(@gilgm)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi Wouter

I have uploaded 5 Light Subs as requested to the Directory 'gilgm-blackIntegration'. They are large files 117MB each.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Interestingly I didn't get a black integration. Could you check what the OpenGL button says on top-left of the APP window? And if it helps if you press that to switch GL off? Are you using APP 1.082 or higher?

noblack

ReplyQuote
 Mark
(@gilgm)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Many thanks That worked ! But what does GL off do ? I’m on version 1.082

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

That button switched off OpenGL which is used for faster processing in the image-viewer. If that helps, there is likely an issue with your graphics drivers on your system. Maybe you have a conflict with 2 drivers? Sometimes people have both Intel and NVidia etc.

ReplyQuote
Share: