OSC processing orde...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

OSC processing order: RGBHOO

2 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
 HE04
(@heylers)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi.  Wondering: if I have RBG and HaOIII data from my OSC camers (ASI294MC), is there a difference in the end product between these two processing orders (effectively, separating channels early or late):

1) easier processing, late separation:

- Process RGB all the way through integration

- Process HaOIII with "HaOIII color" algorithm, all the way through integration

- Do some minor cleanup, like early cropping, remove light pollution, and maybe calibrate star colors (for RGB only)

- Normalize the two stacked images

- In "Combine RGB tool" with RGBHOO formula, load RGB stack into R, G, B channels and load HaOIII stack into Ha, OIII, OIII channels

OR

2) early separation:

- Process RGB through Calibration, split R, G, and B and process those separately through Integration

- Process "HaOIII, extract Ha" through integration, then "HaOIII, extract OIII" through integration

- Do some minor cleanup, like early cropping and remove light pollution for each stack

- Nornmalize all five stacks 

- In "Combine RGB tool" with RGBHOO formula, load R, G, B into their channels separately and then Ha, OIII separately

(Same question for HSO or similar processing)

In effect, does it make a difference at what point in the process I separate the individual channels out of the color image (and if so, why?)

TIA!

H

This topic was modified 11 months ago 2 times by HE04

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

It can make a difference in the sense that having all channels separate (your option 2), gives you the ability to process them differently if preferred. I'm not sure it would otherwise be a big difference as I think APP is still separating the RGB image into R, G and B channels in RGBCombine. I would maybe separate Ha and OIII though and load those into the tool as actual Ha and OIII, because a HaOIII stack will be combined already and then separated, I think having them processed as separate channels first reduces the noise level of both a bit better. So option 1 is the easiest and doesn't make a difference, other than I would process the Ha and OIII separate.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: