Odd stripes appeari...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Odd stripes appearing in integration

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@astrofalls)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  
test1 Hydrogen alpha session 1 lpc

In this 35-panel mosaic you can see a set of vertical bright spots appearing on every column. All of my master frames for the mosaic look good, and have been trimmed to remove overscan regions and noisy areas. Any idea why these stripes could be popping up? 

Also I'm really struggling to get a good registration result with this if anyone has suggestions.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@astrofalls Hi! Can you share with us the settings used in tabs 3 to 6 for creating the mosaic? In general they should be:

Tab 3: set the number of stars to 2500 or higher
Tab 4: set scale start to at least 5, set scale stop to at least 12, set registration mode to mosaic
Tab 5: set mode to advanced
Tab 6: leave integrate at automatic, enable "enable MBB" and set it to 15% or higher if necessary

Can you check and verify that you get a good result with those settings?

Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@astrofalls)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Reran with these settings, still got a poor registration result and stripes showing up

Screen Shot 2022 06 26 at 1.34.40 PM
Screen Shot 2022 06 26 at 1.34.56 PM

ReplyQuote
(@astrofalls)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Oh I'm just now noticing those stripes are reflections that are popping up in the data.... probably a bright light in the observatory somewhere.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@astrofalls Sorry that the settings I gave you didn't work.

Good find about the reflections. How did you find out? You wrote that they don't show up in the master frames of the mosaic.

ReplyQuote
Share: