New Tab Request: Su...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

New Tab Request: Sub quality filter

1 Posts
1 Users
1 Likes
(@lead_weight)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Right now, when I integrate with APP, I automatically process up to the normalize tab. Then I look at my subs, and all the data that APP has assigned to them after calibration and normalization. I look at star shape, FWHM (why can't I graph on FWHM?), background luminosity, and star density. These are all good quality checks to see which subs should not be part of the integration. Star shape reveals tracking issues, FWHM reveals seeing or focus issues, background luminosity reveals too low on the horizon, or stray clouds, and star density is also a check of focus, seeing, humidity, or clouds. 

I manually sort on each of these items, and perform an analytical graph. Then look at the worst subs in the graph, and remove all outliers manually. This is difficult to do because the graph does not graph by filter color (ie, all graph points are a single color). They also do not include the name or number of the sub. This makes it difficult to find which filter and sub does not meet criteria. This manual process is laborious, due to the way the APP interface currently works. 

My proposal would be to introduce a new tab between Normalize and Integrate, that focuses on filtering subs by quality parameters. I would like to see the lights to integrate removed from the integrate tab and incorporated into this new tab along with some quality filters. A filter for FWHM to choose to integrate anything with an FWHM of X or lower (ie, I can pick FWHM 2 or 3, and it will integrate anything from that number or better). Star Shape, same perimeter, less than X or better. Background luminosity of X or better. And finally Star density, which should look at the total number of stars in your subs, and set the Max number of stars as the starting point, and you can choose to eliminate any subs with say 50% or less stars from max, or 75% less stars, etc to remove any potential poor frames.

Of course, I would expect this tab to default to include ALL subs, just like the current integrate tab does. And filters to only apply, if you change those default options. 

ippiu reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: