Moon Processing (ak...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Moon Processing (aka, how to turn OFF Star Analysis?)  

RSS

(@cheetah)
Main Sequence Star Customer
April 5, 2020 16:52  

I'm trying to use APP to pre-process some moon images.  The calibration goes quickly, but doing a star anaylsis on each frame is a waste of time.  Is there a way to skip it?

I'd like the frames to be be debayered and normalized.  What's the best way to do this, avoiding star analysis?  Which takes 1/2 day, literally)

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
April 19, 2020 17:27  

I'm afraid not as APP needs to know about the stars and such to continue. It might be that, in a future version, we include some options to do just this but it's not a priority at the moment.

ReplyQuote
(@cheetah)
December 2, 2020 11:03  

I again find myself trying to process moon images.  Has there been any progress on this?

What I really want is just to calibrate(and this is even optional), *debayer* and nothing else.  Any way to do this?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
December 2, 2020 11:24  

No, planetary imaging is something totally different and will require a whole new module/workflow to be implemented. Mabula does want to go there at some point, but it's not a feature on his shortlist.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
December 2, 2020 11:43  

Woops, sorry, calibration is still possible sorry about that. You can calibrate files with darks/bias and save them. I've been discussing this with Wouter a bit and he pointed out that saving calibrated data doesn't debayer it. I didn't realize that, so that would be an issue then as there is not a "batch" tool for debayering. I'll ask Mabula about that.

ReplyQuote
(@cheetah)
December 2, 2020 12:04  

Yes, please do.  I'm not asking for any new features.  Just to be able to use the ones that exist already, in a slightly different way.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
December 2, 2020 12:06  

Yes, got that, a debayer tool shouldn't be too hard I'll forward your wish there and if I somehow looked over a thing that does that, I'll come back as well but I don't think so. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
December 2, 2020 15:37  

Hi @cheetah good news! We got word from Mabula about this and he might add a special option to the calibration tab for this. But, it's still possible now as well. Calibrate your data and select "align channels" in the calibrate tab down below and then save the frames. This will debayer the data as well.

Cheetah liked
ReplyQuote
Share: