Memory insufficient

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Memory insufficient

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@richielisa)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi. Im new to Astronomy and have been trying to produce an image on APP from 200 lights and a number of darks. However, I keep getting a message that my RAM memory is insufficient. I get it sometimes at the "calculate Stars" section and sometimes at the "normalize" section and I have no idea how to stop this. I have increased the partition on my computer but am still getting it. Doesn't matter if I reduce the amounts of lights. Utterly frustrating. Can anyone help please as Im a bit of technophobe as well so any help would be appreciated as if you are talking to a thicko!

Thanks

Richie

This topic was modified 5 years ago by Richard Blackshaw

ReplyQuote
(@mestutters)
Neutron Star

Hi Richard,

I have been using APP for a little over a year now and quite regularly process integrations involving 200 plus lights and have only once encountered an out of memory error message and this was at the Integration phase.

From idle watching of APP's memory usage display I do not recall seeing APP using that much memory during either of the Analyse Stars or Normalise stages where you report having problems though fortunately I do have 8 and 16 GB RAM systems at my disposal.

If your problem is still unsolved I think you will need to provide some more information about a) the hardware and OS you are using and b) the type of images files you are trying to process eg DSLR, CCD, colour, monochrome.   Is the system you are using very constrained and / or are you trying to process some exceptionally large files?  How much memory have you currently granted to APP?

Regards

Mike

ReplyQuote
Share: