Master Calibration ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Master Calibration Files Don't Have Correct FITS GAIN Value w/ ASI cameras

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@backroadrider)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi,

I have noticed that the FITS GAIN value for all of my master calibration files is zero ("0") even though all of the subs have correct gain and offset values in their FITS headers.  This also affects the master calibration file filename (...ISO_gain_0.0...). 

I use ASI cameras (both color and monochrome) and I noticed the field name for the gain in their FITS files is GAINRAW, so perhaps APP is looking for a different FITS field?

Just curious as it would be helpful to have the correct gain in the filename.

Thanks!

Steve

ReplyQuote
(@mkuehner)
Hydrogen Atom

I have the exact same issue.  I have an ASI294MC-Pro camera using TheSkyX and in the fits header the gain is listed as GAINRAW but yet APP doesn't seem to read this.  Along the same line, the debayer pattern is also listed in the fits header but APP doesn't pick that up either.  I have to always remember to go in and select "Force CFA".  This can't possibly be that hard of a fix to have it read these values can it?  I attached a Flat .fits file for anyone interested.

This post was modified 5 years ago by mkuehner

ReplyQuote
Share: