Integration frame/d...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Integration frame/data limit

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dan-archer)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi all,

Curious to see if others have a limit as to how many frames/how much data you will run through APP at once? I just waited 48 hours for my PC (i have 16GB ram and i7 quad processor) to integrate a stack of 503 light frames (plus cal frames).

I know, get a new PC you say, it is on the cards.

Perhaps 5 stacks of 100 then a final stack of these would have processed faster?

Would appreciate your thoughts?

Regards,

Daniel

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Well the more frames you have, the more complex the internal statistics become depending on the options you select for it. You can indeed speed things up a bit in such cases, by dividing the data. I would say a minimum of 25 frames for good calibration per stack, so 100 is totally fine. And then combine those in the end yes.

The more cores and memory you have, the faster it will go indeed. Also using a SSD will help quite a bit. We do try to make APP faster each time, in a future version we’re also going to make use of the GPU’s, which will make it a lot faster as well.

ReplyQuote
Share: