I am really frustra...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

I am really frustrated with APP sths ...

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@elgol)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hello,

2020 08 28 17 23 26 Greenshot

Here I go again, trying to do a mosaic of 3.5 gb data, 10 frames. APP suggests to downsize as seen here, using 31 gb RAM. 

How can I realize that APP works with more data, as other programs do like (very old versions of) PTGUI?

stefan

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I’ve asked Mabula to respond as he know the specific reasons for this.

ReplyQuote
(@elgol)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

Hello Vincent,

that would be nice. Maybe he can have a look at this old issue from last year (...) as well:

2020 08 31 14 46 56 Greenshot

remember? These are lightpollution and starcolor calibrated single panels (stacks) which end up with a strange color gradient which APP causes (Nikon dslr), doing mosaics. I have not found a way to influence the outcome when it appears.

Also I have encountered this:

2020 08 31 16 59 38 Greenshot

where APP cannot register correctly two panels within a mosaic (only), as seen. This is also from a milkyway mosaic similar to the above. On serveral occasions this appears with different data. I have tried a lot to get rid of this but failed always. Maybe this has sth to do that I did a workaround saved the stacks as 16bit integer fit-files so that APP can work without this error from my first post here...

stefan

ReplyQuote
Share: