How do I add images...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

How do I add images to my project as I aquire them?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@szumi)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

I set up my gear and start taking images.  After I have a few I start stacking them to get a preview.  How do I add more lights as I acquire them during the night and add them to the stack w/o doing all of the lights over again? 

Thank you,

Szumi

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Szumi,

Dynamic integration while acquiring frames is an option that I have not yet implemented.

I think I can implement it though, I'll put in on my priorities list 😉 But it's a function that usually only works well for images of only one session.

If you have multiple sessions, then dynamic integration is something that isn't really usefull. To get good and sharp registration & integration, you really need to combine everyhing from scratch. Because all frames give information on how to optimally register the data. If you add new frames as they come, this simply isn't possible. So a dynamic stack will always be of less quality, even if you combine data of only 1 session.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@gnomus)
Red Giant

I agree with Mabula.  Stacking subs as they come in through the night is not all that useful, I find.  You can get a good enough preview from one sub in your capture software.

ReplyQuote
(@xsnrg)
Red Giant

One place where it is valuable is EAA and live outreach or broadcasting.  I have been looking to a tool that will do the registration and stacking live in Linux for some time now.  I played with DeepSkyStacker quite a bit, and up until I discovered APP, used it under wine on Linux without issues.  I never did get AstroToaster to work correctly in Linux however.  I would not say it is a high priority for this feature, but it would certainly be handy and fun.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi xsnrg,

Indeed, those are nice examples of when it is a nice function to have as a possibility 😉 It's on my priorities list..

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: