Dual CPU setup - AP...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Dual CPU setup - APP is only using one of them!

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I am doing a mosaic and noticed that while APP sees all of the installed ram, but it doesn't seem to see both CPUs and is only using one of them, which is confirmed by task manager. Is there any way to fix this?

APP1
APP2

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@imnewhere Hi, this seems to be related to hyperthreading (or a similar technology). And it looks like you are using APP 1.083-4. Is that correct?

Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@wvreeven 
I am using 2.0.0 - beta 4 on this one. As far as hyperthreading goes if I use it on my main desktop it sees all of the threads too. On the main desktop I run a xeon e5-2699v3 and on the other computer I run dual xeon e5-2696v4 processors. I have attached one from the main desktop where it shows that, and you can see on both they refer to threads rather than cores. I have attached screenshots from the relevant part of the screen from both computers since I run the other one as a remote desktop.

Capture
Capture

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @imnewhere,

Thank you very much for reporting this.

I have added this to our ToDo list to investigate if it is possible to have APP use all avaliable CPUs and thus all available threads.

I know that I investigated this a couple of years ago and back then it was possible but only with commercial Oracle license meaning that an APP version having that capability would be more expensive for sure. Maybe things have changed though so I will make sure to check this soon and will update you on my findings.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Thanks! If you need me to test anything let me know. I built this machine specifically for processing.

ReplyQuote
Share: